Sunday 22 September 2013

Waw Not Wow

What a week (waw) this has been. Ofsted visited on Wednesday, having rung on Tuesday afternoon to inform all involved. Somehow, normal life stops but I'm proud. I still managed to eat normal teas on Tuesday and Wednesday night and the only take away came with the exhaustion on Thursday. Not bad, I think?! And we had lunch all days but Friday. Again, not bad going. On Monday, I managed to swim thirty six laps AND relearnt how to swim underwater. I felt more than a little brave with my last two fully head-dipping laps!

Friday night was pizza night. It nearly ended up chicken, green pepper and caramelised onion, but I realised how many tomatoes were ripening outside so I cut the pepper and added tomatoes, anchovies and olives. It was lovely and really nice for a change. Would it be as nice with supermarket-bought tomatoes? Who knows.

Saturday night was unoriginal, I'm afraid, but that doesn't mean it wasn't delicious! I defrosted more seafood and then made a romesco sauce to go with it. I roasted 250 (home grown) tomatoes for 20 minutes and then added 20g of hazelnuts at the end. I skinned the tomatoes and places them and the nuts in a food processor. I added some slow roasted garlic (should have been raw, but I'd roasted some earlier in the day and decided why not?), some fried bread, about 25g and then about three teaspoons of Chipotle chilli paste. I blended it all up with a jarred pepper and about 100ml of olive oil. Possibly not a classic romesco sauce, but delicious nonetheless with what I could buy in these parts...

I baked the seafood again and I served it all with a home grown globe courgette (pictured below with our tomatoes!) which I chopped and baked with olive oil and parmesan.

I'm going to have to get some more clams, though, as Biggie came down for her late night recce to see if there was anything worth eating, and she was rather annoyed that these weren't for her.


We had the first full-day family Sunday for a long time today and it was lovely. No rushing the kids off to see TG, which meant a leisurely lie-in and breakfast, in fact Husband#1 even let me have a longer sleep in as his snoring and Booboo's mid-sleep toilet shenanigans kept me awake for quite a large portion of the night. What a treat. We had Galette au chou for lunch, which Biggie loved but Booboo took 75 minutes to eat. It was lovely. Yorkshire pudding batter, bacon, garlic, cabbage: How bad can that be, as Ina would say!

So it's hard not to have a feeling of holiday after such a week and I'm struggling to get back to work. It doesn't help that I've lost my pouch of flash drives somewhere and basically everything I want to do is on there. Yes I back it up, but who backs up every time they do a new document? There's always something missing. Husband#1 has another late night on Tuesday, but otherwise this should be a nice straight forward week for everyone involved. Famous last words...

The Week Ahead


No comments:

Post a Comment