Friday 11 October 2013

Work. Argh.

I haven't managed to blog in almost two weeks now, clearly the daily treadmill has become too much and taken its toll. I'm sat now waiting for my seafood pizza at 7.30pm and just can't wait for bedtime. Highly likely I'll be up there by nine!

So last weekend we went back to the caravan for one final holiday and it was fantastic. I spent the week before looking for the girls winter coats (the east coast in autumn is surely, positively arctic?) and sleep suits. I packed extra socks and vests for night time and even took woolly hats. Surprised us all when we got there to fine it was a sub- tropical 21 degrees. The woolly jumpers were a tad warm...

Still managed to eat lots of pizza, a delicious roast chicken sandwich feast and best of all lobster gratin, thanks to a timely phone call to the seafood shop, who reserved two of the best.

This week has been okay and even managed a (frozen) seafood and leek tray bake yesterday. I sautéed leeks and garlic with salt and white pepper in butter before adding white wine, cream, saffron and thickened chicken stock. I then put (defrosted) mussels, prawns, clams and some jarred crab meat onto a baking tray and spooned over the mixture. Baked it at 190 degrees for about 20 minutes and served with crusty bread. A delight and a real midweek treat.

Tomorrow, it's crab and langoustine risotto with leek and tarragon with baked broccoli and Parmesan.  Should be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment