Tuesday 11 February 2014

They Say a Couple of Pounds Per Week is Good....

...for weight loss, but how does that work for weight gain? I can't help but LOVE food.

Admittedly, I eat for stress relief, like last night. I arrived home from work and immediately stuffed a raw mushroom in my mouth to relieve the pangs for something more delicious. And another. And, as Husband#1 and daughters arrived home, I had yet another hanging out of my large-enough mouth.

Husband#1 forced me to enjoy the frozen and reheated mushroom risotto, it's too early in the week for a take-away, he said. It was fine - made all the more fine with a few fresh mushrooms (well, slightly less than intended) and - wait for it - a POACHED EGG on top. What a treat they were to find in the back of the fridge and still in date! Drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with Parmesan and sea salt, actually it also required a glass of white wine.

It's been a long time since I blogged, and I've missed it. I'm trying a new form of non-invasive acupuncture (can't remember the name of it for the life of me) to get rid of the jelly, as I'm a little weary of the morning consisting of hilarity caused by:

A) the jelly
B) the jelly being squeezed into support tights (my morning would start 5 minutes earlier did I not have to do this crazy dance)
C) everyone singing 'If I could turn back time' as I pull on the above offensive items and until I cover them with a dress

In fact, my likeness to a rather cherubic Cher in this outfit led to my main birthday gift being a sailor hat, which I also often have to wear on a morning as I dress.

I will not be the jelly joke
I will not be the jelly joke
I will not be the jelly joke

Anyway, before I researched ways to loose the jelly, I ate two Kinder Bueno, a Cadbury's Caramel and two regular Dairy Milks...well, someone has to and I'm determined it won't be my gals!

One last thing - huge pride when Biggie (5 and a half!) came home tonight and BEGGED to be allowed to join the cookery class at school. Gotta love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment